There are a few things you can do to save money on air travel:
- Be flexible with your travel dates. Prices for flights can vary greatly depending on the day of the week and time of year.
- Book your flight in advance. Generally, the earlier you book, the better the price.
- Compare prices from different airlines. Prices can vary greatly between airlines, so it pays to shop around.
- Look for sales and discounts. Many airlines offer sales or discounts on flights, so keep an eye out for these.
- Consider flying during non-peak times. Prices for flights are often higher during peak travel times, such as holidays and summer vacations.
- Consider alternate airports. Sometimes, it can be cheaper to fly to a nearby airport and then take ground transportation to your final destination.
- Avoid checking a bag. Most airlines charge a fee for checked bags, so try to pack everything you need in a carry-on to save money.
- Sign up for frequent flyer programs. Many airlines offer frequent flyer programs that allow you to earn points or miles for every flight you take. These points can be redeemed for discounts on future flights.