I’m gonna tell you “How I started learning python and become a Pro from a Noob”. Along with this, I will also tell you Career opportunities as a fresher in Python.
My Learning Journey: I want to learn Python for free so I have to Build a daily learning habit (4 hours per day) even utilize my weekends. My master plan was setting goals and hunt them. I have set 7 goals for 7 weeks!
My 1st Week Goal – (Python basics) As a beginner, our first-week goal should be- Get familiar with Python Basics like variables, conditionals, list, loop, function. (Be Curious and Explore things that you can do with Python). As I want to learn python for free so I started digging on the internet and luckily found a Python cheat-sheet that helped me a lot. Here is the link – Python Cheat Sheet thank me later :p
2nd Week Goal – (Sharp my coding skills) Solve 100+ coding problems. Reverse string, palindrome, GCD, merge sorted array, If-then-else statement, loops, functions, and python packages problems. “The more you struggle, the better developer you will become”.
3rd Week Goal- (Learn Data structure and Algorithms) Upgrade your skills and knowledge and Learn basics like Stack, Queue, Tuples, Tree, Dictionary, Linked List, Search (Linear and Binary search), Recursive function (factorial, Fibonacci series), Sort (Bubble sort, Selection Sort), and Time Complexity (Linear, Quadratic, and Constant).
4th (Explore Python Libraries) The reason why Python is so popular among developers is because of its amazing libraries that users can work with. Some most common libraries that you can use are Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, Theano, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, and Pandas.
- OpenCV, a Computer Vision library, gives you the power of image manipulation! Pretty cool, eh?
- SimpleCV, another CV library, essentially a subset of OpenCV, but has a much lower learning curve.
- PyGame, a game development library, lets you make cool games.
5th Week Goal – (Learn Python framework) You must learn at least 3 popular frameworks. Read framework documentation, find video tutorials on youtube. Must start with Numpy, Django, pandas, and Scrapy.
- Django- a web-application framework. from here you can Learn Django.
- Flask (A Python Microframework), another popular web-application framework, a little more down-to-earth (and thus more flexible) approach to web app development
6th Week Goal – (Work on Python Projects) It’s the most important thing. Here you have to test and apply your knowledge. In 6th week, all you need to do is work on at least 3 python projects.
7th Week Goal – (Python Interview practice) Congratulations! Now you have what it takes to apply for any software engineering job in any tech company in the whole world. Now work on your soft skills and practice interview questions as many as possible.
Yeah! that’s my journey and it will definitely help you if you will do the same.
Now talking about Career Opportunities as a Freshers in Python – Here are the most common jobs for Python developers, their respective Pay scales and top companies using python:-
- -Software Engineer – $103,035/yr
- -Sr. Software Engineer – $129,328/yr
- -DevOps Engineer – $115,666/yr
- -Data Scientist – $117,345/yr
- -Sr. Data Scientist – $136,633/yr
I hope this Helps!!